March 13, 2011


We are trying out a new detergent; vaska
Without "chemicals that harm fabrics, people, or the planet"
It is non-toxic and environmentally safe
Made from "botanical solutions derived from real lavender"

It's even been recognized be the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s 
Design for the Environment program as safe for people and the environment.

The bottles are made from high-density polyethylene (HDPE) 
And up to 50% post consumer waste
They also break down quickly 
Into non-polluting compounds 

It is not tested on animals
And is Graywater and septic tank safe



Over the past few years we have been trying to make the switch to all organic and environmentally friendly 
household products. These things can be expensive at times. But when we find one that is affordable, we
Go ahead and make the switch. And I figured that from now on maybe I could do the research myself and pass in on to you... The detergent we were using before had a lot of good qualities, but not as many as this one. Its best feature was that it was 5 dollars cheaper and did 16 more loads that the vaska. But sometimes
paying more to do whats right is OK... I have also been cutting costly things from my shopping list, which 
makes up for the extra costs. Last month it was paper towels, this month its plastic baggies...

There is a lot of information out there to sift through. But I am trying, and am slowly but surely making a dent.
We'll be having children of our own soon enough and I want to be a good role model to them, as well as doing my part to ensure the health of our planet for them in the future.












2 comments:

Jen said...

I am working through my first bottle of that same brand (in the lovely lavender scent). So far I like it better than some of the conventional detergents and definitely better than other environmentally friendly ones. It even leaves the clothes fairly soft when I hang them out to dry on the line.

The Oak Leaves said...

THATS AWESOME!