November 6, 2010

For Dinner...


It's cold today.
I added another row to the dry brick wall I'm building around the vegetable garden.
I've tried to stay out as long as I could.
It's the first of four days I have off this week,
And Stephen is off with friends...

A volunteer squash has been trying its best to outrun the frost
in the middle of my yard... But last nights cold got to it.
I picked the eight 3" long fruits and had them for dinner
along with broccoli, asparagus, and gnocchi.
It was easily the best dinner I've had in a while.
with a cold glass of cider it was perfect.

Here is my recipe:
1 cup broccoli
1 cup asparagus
several baby squash
1 cup of gnocchi
Boil these for 4 minutes
Add to your liking:
butter
half and half
a handful of parmesan
a sprinkle of nutmeg
1 Large egg yolk
salt and pepper
thyme leaves
olive oil

And I just stumbled upon one of my ceramic houses here.


No comments: