January 25, 2010

Gutter Planters...


Photo via greenupgrader and Juneau Empire

I have seen this idea several times but finally decided its something I would love to do myself. I have a space alongside my house that's about 3.5 or 4 feet before your in the driveway. I have tiger lilies growing there, and plan to build window boxes above, but what a great in between these would be...especially if I painted them the same navy blue of the house...

I'm so excited thinking of this and so many other projects for the yard. We have gotten started ripping the wood for the picket fence... and my birthday in march promises raised beds to rest at the base of it...

What are you all wishing for this spring?

3 comments:

jene said...

a yard... just a wish. a more successful indoor garden : ]

Katy said...

Wow! We were just thinking traditional planter boxes, but those are amazing!

Unknown said...

Gutter planters! Great idea. This spring, I'm looking forward to planting more veggies outside, and seeing how the lavender and chamomile weathered our heavy snowstorms. And I'm gonna dig out and give away our huge ornamental grass and plant the tomatoes in that corner. I can't wait to get going!