November 25, 2009

La Ferme de Sourrou



This is a wonderful photo Irene Knightley took of her very own French country garden, which i had the great pleasure to find at one of my favorite new blogs; www.fennelandfern.co.uk. There are just so many things about it that i love... For one, it has CHICKENS! I can not have chickens where i live (the sort of city), and it breaks my heart. Not only would i appreciate fresh eggs for breakfast, but they are such whimsical creatures. Yes, i know we don't usually think of chickens as having anything to do with whimsy, but ill explain. My goals in life are really simple ones; to own land, raise a happy family, not have a boss, and live off the land as much as possible. Thats where chickens come in to play... when you think of a farmstead, there are chickens.

Its that simple, i want to look at chickens till the cows come home....

One of the many other things i love about this garden is Irene's use of Sticks and branches. There are walls and garden edging made of these materials which is so very lovely!

Please visit Fennel and Fern to learn more about this garden and much more!
As well as Irene's blog lafermedesourrou.

Photos via Fennel and Fern

4 comments:

Sowing Clover (Emily) said...

I think we were separated at birth. http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2009/10/beerhorst_family_fights_to_kee.html

I want chickens!!!! This is a family that lives a couple of blocks away. They're working to change the laws in my town. The little tribute video is precious.

The Oak Leaves said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! I want to watch it but the link keeps going behind the "leave your comment" screen so i cant see the whole thing!!!

Its nice to know i have another sister far away in michigan by the way!

Happy thanks giving!

The Oak Leaves said...

Ok, I googled the bit i could see and found it. I guess the next step is looking up the laws in Fredericksburg. THanks a lot for sharing!

La Ferme de Sourrou said...

Thank you so much for the comments about my blog - I'm so boosted by them at the end of a long cold winter.

Love to you and yours !

Irene Kightley