January 15, 2011

OPTIONS:

Start hand stitching quilt from scraps on hand

Manipulate camera into submission

Try to fill your moleskin with line botanical drawings before the due date

Read the "Dirr Manual of Woody Landscape plants"
that arrived in the mail yesterday

Practice Coptic stitch for book idea...

Lay around because you are sick as a dog
and you are sniffling on everything
your nose is red...



............................................


THOUGHTS:

Right now i am leaning heavily towards the quilting...
 However, i dont much feel like putting in the small amount of effort
 it would take me to locate a needle and thread. 
My eyes wont stop watering... 
This morning while sniffling in front of the computer
 I came to the realization that I am an artist
 and now even a real 'I dont have another part time job to sustain myself' one... 
That feels nice.
 I started trying to develop ideas for the first time in what feels like a lifetime.
 I have trouble making things just because other people want me to. 
I am notoriously stubborn and pig headed, and i want to do what I want to do and that is the end of it! 


..................................



Now, that I am finally free of my biggest cause of anxiety I feel just that;
 FREEDOM!


...............................................



My mind is clearer
The air is fresh
There are birds eating from the seeded bench 
outside the window to my left...I can hear them chattering
My husband, beautiful man that he is, is making all kinds of racket...
downstairs he is finishing a 4 year project of tiling and now grouting our shower
We are slow moving
This morning i forgave myself
 for being the worlds slowest eater...


.................................................................................

Yes, quilting.
I will make a quick quilt today.




No comments: