February 20, 2009

Gifts...


I found myself putting together my mothers birthday present and not feeling it was quite special enough... sooo looking around i saw a little embroidery i put together at work last year... So i grabbed that and with much hesitation cut it into a small circle and glued it to the lid...


Then i knew it needed just a little more... a little something.


I realize the embroidery is nothing much on this one, but it seemed to please her at her birthday dinner. She also got a nice little city, a brooch, and lots of paper clips (at her request-shes a school teacher). I had recently gotten a really inspirational floral embroidery book and am planning on going to work on many more of these embroidered lids for some slightly more sparse terrariums ive been cooking up... I really cant wait to get back into the swing of things and reopen my shop...

No comments: